Saturday, May 24, 2008

Days 29 and 30

I've spent the last 27 hours locked away in my house and mostly in my bed. So, I was going to be grateful for the comfortably bed (29) and my home (30), but then I realized that I was already previously grateful for the bed back on Day 7, so I scrubbed that.

I've noticed that I've become a lot more forgetful lately. Some of it has just been annoying - like forgetting my Work ID until I'm all the way out to the car, and then having to slip back into the building to find it, where I end up getting trapped into some additional work that really could have waited until next week. Or totally blanking on the actor's name while watching a favorite show and letting that drive me nuts until I finally have to get up and search IMDB to see that his name is Hugh frickin Laurie (and then spend another half hour trying to remember what was the last name of that other actor named Hugh that is also British.)

Other times, it has cost me some cash. Like when I forgot to have my car tag renewed until 3 days after my birthday and ended up having to pay a penalty. Or forgetting to update a payment amount in my automatic bill pay and coming up $10 short on a bill and incurring a late fee.

Perhaps most upsetting was finding myself chatting with a lady in line at the cafeteria at work, not recognizing her as anyone that I had ever seen before, and then having her make a comment that made me realize that I did indeed know her but had absolutely no idea who she was and therefore had to do the sneak-peak at her ID to figure out her name and recognizing that not only do I know her, I work on the same floor with her and see her almost everyday.

It could be because I've been so overworked, or it could have something to do with whatever is wrong with my health right now. I'm hoping that it is the work. Because if anything, I've always had a great memory.

So, for Day 29 - 23 May

I am grateful for my memory, even if it occasionally fails me.

I'll be back for Day 30 a little later - if I remember.

No comments: