Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Days 25 and 26

Day 25 - 19 May

I am grateful that my friend Nathan is safe following back surgery.

I'm not sure if it is because my friends and I are all getting old, or if my friends are just an unhealthy bunch, but it seems as though I've had a number of people close to me that have undergone surgery or developed some type of serious illness lately. But no matter what the reason, I am grateful that so far, all have come through safely. While there may be long recoveries and lots of pain pills in their futures, I am thankful that recovery is still an option for all of them.

Day 26 - 20 May

I am grateful for unplanned gatherings.

If you know me, you know that I watch too much TV. I'm working on that, but this week and next are all the season finales, so sue me if I don't start until after next week's episode of Lost. Tonight was the final competition on American Idol, and by 7:59, I was in my PJs, settled into my big comfy chair, with my Diet Coke in my left hand and the remote in my right. And then another hail storm hit, my power went out, and the TV with it. Within moments, the power came back, but it appeared that it was going to be at least a half hour until my satellite came back up and rebooted itself.

Cue my neighbor's Kirk and Randy, who have a back up power source on their TV and satellite, and opened their doors to me and the other neighbors who were in the same boat. Next thing I knew, I was crowded onto their couch in my PJs, with a fresh drink in one hand and American Idol on the TV. And really, it was so much more fun to watch it with a group than it would have been to watch it alone.

1 comment:

The Ninjamunkey said...

Thank you JoJo that is very sweet. I am actually seeing some improvement. Swelling is high, and pain is still great, but i can at least get up from a chair on my own...