Sunday, January 13, 2008

12 of 12 - January 2008

This month's 12 of 12 is pretty weak, seeing as how it was a Saturday and I've been sick most of the week. So today was the one day that I could sleep the morning away and feel no guilt. Of course, not much to document either, but I tried.

11:17 am - Once I recalled that it was the 12th, I had to search the rubble that has been accumulating on my desk to find the camera. It was buried under all this. Maybe I will make cleaning off the desk a project for the day.
11:26 am - I'm actually a little bit hungry, so I made some Eggo Waffles in the toaster. That is really about the extent of my cooking skills. Oh, and this picture features my favorite kitchen utensil - Toaster Tongs from Pampered Chef. Best $3.00 I ever spent, and at least I was able to say I ordered something at my friend's party.


11:55 am - FX runs episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 7:00 am, so I will occasionally TiVo them and have a mini-marathon when the mood strikes. We are currently in Season 7. I think this was from the episode "First Date" where we find out that Principal Wood (DB Woodside - such a hottie) is the son of the slayer that Spike (James Marsters - also a hottie) killed in the 70s. Don't know why I TiVo these, as I have all 7 seasons on DVD.
1:40 pm - Since it is obvious I'm not going anywhere today, I thought that I'd at least take advantage of the semi-warm temperatures and sit out on the front porch, read and get some fresh air. Well, as fresh as it can be this close to the airport. But thankfully, we are no where near the flight paths, so it is reasonably quiet.

1:41 pm - another one from my chair on the porch. Told you it was a slow day.


1:42 pm - I'm reading "Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Home and Bolt the Door" by Lynne Truss. You know, maybe I should go back inside and bolt the door as she suggested.

2:50 pm - Heading back indoors, I spot the dining room. Well, at least if I don't get the desk cleaned up, I still have one clean room in the house.



5:30 pm - I really need to get this case of water put away before I end up tripping on it, or worse, kicking it with my little toe. But it is just so darn heavy.

6:05 pm - I need a nap. Be back with you in a bit.

8:37 pm - OK - Nap over. Let's see if I can get that desk cleaned up. Of course, it will probably take hours, since I will stop to read everything on the desk while I'm decluttering it. See - here is my Entertainment Weekly magazine, and I must at least scan it before I move on. Can you believe that all 4 Baldwin Brothers are on TV at the same time? And some of them are actually on good shows.

11:14 pm - Yay! I got the desk area cleaned up and all of my stuff filled. I took this from the distance so you could see a little more of the house, since several of my out of town friends still haven't seen the place. But maybe, little by little, I'll photo the house and put it all together in one post.
11:15 pm - And the view from the other direction. You may notice in next to the door are my canes - the bane of my existence lately. I have two - an inside one (with the old lady feet) and an outside one (black and sleek, goes with my outfits.) I'm able to get around a little better around the house without them, but any long distances or steps still requires the support of one.

So I guess that is it. Nothing too exciting, but at least I feel a little better after lounging around the house all day.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! I was going to do it this month and forgot. Well...maybe next month! Next month the 12th is on a Tuesday so I will be working and can get more interesting pictures.

Your house is really gorgeous. I love it!

So have you gone back to TiVo?

Anonymous said...

No - I still have the TiFaux. I guess I'm just using TiVo as a verb.

Kayte said...

I really like the shot of the porch, and it looks like you live in a beautiful house.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I can't wait for next month's 12 of 12!

Bonnie said...

Yay! Your house is LOVELY!

XO

Dogeared said...

I got halfway through Buffy s7 and stopped - never did get going again. I don't think I got as far as the ep you watched, so didn't know about Principal Woods - but I'm not sure I'm ever going to finish the season! (this mainly comes from having piled my unwatched DVDs on my chest of drawers, and Buffy season 7 falling down the back - I simply can't get to it now!)

Hope you're feeling better soon, and I love your porch!

andrea said...

i LOVE Buffy! and your porch looks like such a great place to relax. wish I had one like that. cool 12of12!

Lipp said...

Hmm... You & Bon were sick at the same time, some kind of identical cousin mojo Voodoo I imagine.

I love the view(s) from your porch, including the cool turf triangle in the street.

Scooter said...

What relaxing photos, especially the porch! I didn't know there were so many Baldwin Brothers. Was there a graph to help tell them apart???

Susan said...

your porch is gorgeous!! I SOOO wish I had a decent porch! and I am going to go check out that book. it sounds hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Great house - great locale. Who is on your dining room wall? Mary Queen of Scots? JPWK Frederick MD USA (12of12er)

Tony McCarthy said...

I can vouch for Joni's house. It is very nice. Although if she ever has to change light bulbs (i.e. ask me to change light bulbs) in the living room I'm leaving town. Still it is a great house. Got to get those feng shui issues fixed too.

This posts random word verification is: nzraopl. Which I think has been prescribed for severe nasal infections. You know, like the one Barbara Streisand has. Wait, that's just her giant snoz.

Joni said...

Tony - The reason I never turn the can lights on in the living room is because I want you to stay in town and stay my friend for as long as possible.

JPWK - The picture is not Mary, Queen of Scots - it is actually a reproduction of a painting of my 12th greatgrandmother, Margaret Mounsell Harbin. A friend did the painting from a photo I took of the original painting when I visited our family's ancestral home in England.

Unknown said...

Wow! Your desk looks organized and everything! I'll send your neice over immediately to help restore entrophy...