Friday, September 12, 2008

12 of 12 - September 2008

Wow - is it the 12th already? Here we go for another round of Chad's 12 of 12.

9:00 a.m. - No prework photos today as I woke up late and threw on my clothes and ran (well, as much as I can run - probably closer to hobbling) out the door to work. So, the first shot of the day is after I'm already at work - it is my 'kiss up' background on my work PC - that is me and the Prez of the company at the unveiling of one of our new aircraft a few months back. Not likely that he will ever be in my office to see my effort at sucking up, but I like to be prepared, just in case.
9:02 a.m. - My birthday card from the team. How long after your birthday must you display the card on your shelf? I've worked with people that keep them up for years. I'm thinking a couple of weeks should be good. Anyone else want to weigh in on the appropriate work birthday card etiquette?

9:04 a.m. - Kind of blurry, but this is a corporate poster from a few years back that I was featured on. (See - I really am the 'Poster Child' for my company.) My Dad had it framed for me and I have it up in my office. Is that braggy? I don't mean it to be braggy.

12:50 p.m. - Leftovers from lunch with the team at Noodle. One of my favorite places.

12:52 p.m. - Railroad/Vegas poster from Noodle. Just sort of liked it.

1:15 p.m. - On the way back to work after lunch we passed by the church that I went to for a while when I was in high school and college.

3:30ish - Been pulling data all day long for an upcoming project, and I needed a break from the tedium for a couple of minutes, so I checked out Twitter for the updates from the Project Rungay guys who were at Bryant Park today for the showing of this seasons collections. These guys are so funny - it was just what I needed before diving back in.

8:00ish - Was invited to a gathering with some of the Hapeville ladies tonight along with neighbor Katie. That is Katie with Linda, the hostess of the gathering.

9:00ish - Still at the gathering. This is Cami. She's one of my favorites from around town. Sweet as can be and very funny. She has recently started focusing on photography, and I want to get her into doing the 12 of 12 as I think she would enjoy it.

9:30 p.m. - This is Zoe - Linda's puppy. I believe that she is thinking, "If you people won't drop some food on the floor for me, would you just please get the hell out of my house, cause you are all making me nervous."
10:20 p.m. - After we left Linda's, Katie and I stopped of at Perk Place Bistro and split a Death by Chocolate. It was yummy. (We were very nice and left a bite for the waitress to finish off.)

10:35 p.m. - I had a Diet Coke to offset the chocolate cake, but Katie had a glass of wine, which gave her what she calls "The Drunk Eye." Drunk Eye is apparently a trait that she inherited from her grandma, where any photo taken of her after she has had a drink (or 2 or 3) results in her left eyelid being almost shut.

OK - I think that is 12. I've counted them 3 times and come up with 11, 13 and finally 12. Sort of hard to focus after all that chocolate - I think I'm having a sugar rush. Anyway, I'm off to watch Best Soup Ever (tm MCB) then hitting the bed. Hope you all enjoy.


8 comments:

Hibe said...

Great 12 of 12. I have a "drunk eye" too, but it's the right and closes when I'm tired not drunk. Looks like Katie had more than one glass of wine...lol

Anonymous said...

Great shots! The cake looks like it wsa yummy!!

Unknown said...

Hey, I found you. Thanks for putting me on your blog, although, I'm not so sure of the picture. The nice words about me were sweet. It was really nice to meet Katie. She seems like a cool girl. Hopefully, I'll run into her again somewhere in Hapeville. Well, I'll see you around town. I'll try to remember the 12 on 12. Sounds like fun. It'll give me a chance to work on my photography. TTYL!

Pete Cullen said...

I'd say a couple of weeks for the card to stay up, that's what I do at home :)

Nice pics Joni, I hope you didn't crash from the sugar rush!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was a birthday card etiquette... Oops! I read them, then they usually end up in a box where I find them a year later and recycle them...

Love the pic of Katie's "drunk eye". I have that too but it happens to me in every photo regardless of when I'm drunk. But I think I'll adopt the drunk eye explanation!

Dogeared said...

At home, we do about 7-10 days. I've never put a work birthday card up at work - and not seen anyone else do it either. We put it up for the rest of the day after we're given it (if it's the day itself), then take it home to display with family and friend cards. If they give it early (due to holiday or a weekend), then it gets taken home unopened. That wasn't meant to sound like an official etiquette line or anything - just what I/people I know, do! ;-)

And I say be proud of your poster and photo - why not! And oh my, the chocolate cake... yummy! Hope Cami gives 12 of 12 a try - yay for more people!

Bonnie said...

AWESOME!

Love it all. :)

Love you.

And yeah, take that card home next time you're at work.

And isn't "Best Soup Ever" the awesomest when they're recapping an entire summer?????

XO

Carole-Anne said...

Found your site... didn't know you blogged either. Mind if I add your blog to my list of blogs on my blog? Hehe.

Carole-Anne