Friday, April 25, 2008

The (Borrowed) Experiment

A girl named Annie started a little writing assignment, which was passed on by my friend Devin, and so I thought that I could borrow the concept and play along as well.

For 30 days, you will share something you're grateful for. It could be anything - a photo, a word, a story, whatever. And then you invite your friends to do the same in the comments below and/or in their own blog.

Currently, I need to find a way to focus on the positive in my life. I also need to compel myself to blog more, so, this could help me in both respects.

And so, away we go....

Day One - 25 April, 12:29 a.m.

I am grateful for my parents.

They are the reason that I'm.......

- on this earth (the whole conceiving and birthing thing)
- still alive (they had good insurance when I was a sickly and clumsy kid)
- in this house (helped with the down payment)
- gainfully employed (paid for my education)
- not named LaRue (thanks only to Dad on that one)
- still awake at this hour (late night call from Mom to ensure all the above still applies)

(Technically, that should probably count as more than one grateful for the day, but truly, they are the big grateful in my life from which so many other gratefuls flow.)

Thanks Mom and Dad.

No comments: