Friday, March 12, 2010

12 of 12 - March 2010

March brings a dreary, rainy work day for this month's 12 of 12. Head on over to Chad's blog for the 12 of 12 index and check out the entries from other 12 of 12ers worldwide.

8:10 a.m. - So, the city workers came around yesterday and trimmed the limbs of a lot of trees and shrubs along the sidewalk curbs and islands in our neighborhood. They butchered the beautiful crepe myrtle in front of my next door neighbor's house, and then they took all of the branches and piled them up on top of my mailbox and front steps. Thanks Dudes.

8:15 a.m. - Stopped by and picked up breakfast at the Woolman Cafe on the way into work. This is coming out the side door, looking across to where the old hangar and my building are.

9:36 a.m. - Bonus Photo: This year each month we are adding a bonus photo which is a repeat or recreation of a previous 12 of 12 photo. This one is a recreation of a photo from last month's 12 of 12 where I took a photo of my skylight as the snow fell. This time I took it cause it was hailing. Then I thought better of sitting under a skylight with hail raining down, so I fled to another part of the office until it passed.

12:47 p.m. - Slipping out to pick up lunch at Willie's with Cheryl. Steak Burrito in a bowl with extra rice and black beans - same thing I get every time. I'm way too predicable.

1:03 p.m. - Back at my desk, accidental photo of crap on my desk.

2:45 - Fire Ho.

2:46 p.m. - Cutting through the Delta Heritage Museum to get a Diet Coke from the break-room. Look - we have a totem pole! (It's in the Western Airlines section of the museum. They merged with us in 1986.)

2:48 p.m. - Still in the museum, this is the Monroe Cafe. It is a full-scale replica of the facade of Delta's former headquarters office in Monroe, Louisiana, which served as Delta's headquarters from 1934 to 1941 when we moved the company to Atlanta. We eat lunch there some days and have company celebrations there sometimes.

6:22 p.m. - Finally heading out for the day, and only an hour late. When your commute is 1/4 mile, after 3 years of 12 of 12ing, I've sort of been there, photographed that more times than you could imagine. So tonight, I drove out the back gate today and took the long way around so I could get some different shots on the way home.


6:25 p.m. - Air traffic control tower at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

6:26 p.m. - A couple of our planes at one of the maintenance hangars.

6:28 p.m. - Small plane taking off from the northern most runway. Oops - it almost flew out of the frame. :-)

10:59 p.m. - Sock Monkey Slippers are sad that we didn't win the Mega-Millions yet again. :-(

4 comments:

Dogeared said...

I love how Delta always features in your 12s - and I've been through your airport (and flew LAX-ATL on Delta!).

And what were they playing at leaving the branches there?

Joni said...

Helen - I live and work within a 2 square mile area, and most of that is the Delta complex. Maybe one day I will be able to start taking off and branching out every 12th like you did. :-)

Jill said...

How cool that Delta has a museum! I would have never know.

I hope the monkeys can smile for you someday. :)

corky said...

Hey, Joni....always enjoy it when you share your day with us........
We're Southerners, too, so Delta is our airline.
Thanks for sharing your day with us.