Friday, March 13, 2009

12 of 12 - March 2009

12 of 12 on an average Joni day? Boring.

12 of 12 on a work day? Boring x 2.

12 of 12 on a really busy work day? Boring x 10.

12 of 12 on a really busy work day and you have an allergy headache that has prevented you from sleeping for the last 2 days? Boring x infinity.

Still - here we go.


Just after midnight - wishing my dear friend Ali Happy Birthday on the Facebook. I liked how the photo sort of has that gauzy effect, like all the aging female celebs seem to have when filming their close-ups. Not that Ali is aging and needs special effects - she is still young and lovely.

Sometime before dawn - Playing airport shuttle for some friends. I live so close to the airport I can usually get them there and be back home in bed in under 15 minutes. It would have been a great photo op had I thought about 12 of 12 before I pulled away from dropping them off. Still, I tried to grab a shot of the airport as I passed, but it is hard to drive, focus and click all at the same time. Still, liked this one anyway.

6:50 am - Was able to slow down enough at one point to get the Fly Delta Jets sign off in the distance.
6:52 am - and home again.

6:53 am - The full moon over my house.

8:50 am - Arriving at work, watching the planes go by. Just to the lower left of the trees on the right you can see the airport control tower in the distance. I can also see it from my front porch at home.

5:10 pm - My arch nemesis and the creator of my raging allergy headache.

5:15 pm - The headache and lack of sleep was killing me, so I ended up heading home a little early and was greeted by my neighbor's dog Jackson. I had no treats, so he lost interest in me quickly.


5:30 pm - Lying in bed, trying to fall asleep, but I'm so sleepy that I can't fall asleep. Hoping the Benedryl will help......

5:31 pm - until then I'll roll over and stare at the ceiling fan.

6:25 pm - OK - I finally fall asleep and then I swear I just heard someone scream. Whatever it was, it woke me up and so I went to eek out the front door window, but nothing seems amiss. OMG - I think I have officially leaped over my mother and turned into my Grandmother.


6:30 pm, 8:14 pm, 9:27 pm, etc. - This was my view for the next several hours while I dozed and woke up about half a dozen times through the evening. Still have a headache, which I anticipate should last until about October.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that photo of the berries. LOL at leaping your mom.

Halfway to Fifty said...

Boooo for insomnia and headaches! I've been sleepless in Granite Shoals, with no good excuse. My 12 will be up sometime soon!

Dogeared said...

Ouch for your headache! I hope you're feeling better soon [hug]