Tuesday, January 13, 2009

12 of 12 - January 2009

Sorry - I'm a little bit late on this month's 12 of 12. What is 12 of 12 you ask? It is a photo assignment created by the wonderful Chad (who needs your good thoughts and prayers right now) where you post 12 photos from your day on the 12th. Mine are usually pretty mundane and lame. Want to see some better ones? Go here and see Helen's. Her photos are awesome (although, I think that living in England gives her an unfair advantage in finding better subject matter.)

I didn't really think about it being the 12th until I was already at work, so I forgot my camera and had to use the camera in my new phone. Since I can barely make a call with the dang thing, it took some time to get the hang of the camera, so this month's 12 of 12 my be a little shaky.

So, away we go.

8:40 am -I still don't have a 2009 calendar, and as I mentioned, it took me a while to realize that it was the 12th and not the 15th. I was starting to get a little upset that my paycheck wasn't direct deposited yet.



8:41 am - Two calendars in my office, and neither one of them is right.


12:45 pm - I wasn't really able to get everything done over the weekend, so when my boss called in sick and our afternoon meeting was cancelled, I asked if I could take a half-day. It was actually sort of sunny and warm when I left. Above are the new townhomes they are building a block down from my building. They look pretty nice, I just hope they sell as we have a few too many empty condos in the area.

1:35 pm - I stopped by my neighbor Lauren's to pick up a workbook for a program we are doing at church. She was kind enough to pick one up for me when I missed church on Sunday because I was feeling sick. Had a nice little visit with her, and then back on my way to do some errands.



1:40 p.m. - Stopped by Chapman's Drug store to pick up some prescriptions. Girl needs her Prozac, you know? Chapman's has been a Hapeville establishment for over 80 years, and they have a neat collection of old medication bottles and other memorabilia.

2:00 pm - After Chapman's, I drove through and picked up a Diet Coke at the Original Chick-fil-a Dwarf House, and other Hapeville landmark.

2:20 pm - then down to Costco (woohoo) for some gas.

2:30 pm - then to Barnes & Noble to check out the leftover calendar selection.

2:35 pm - which can be sort of random. But, they were also 75% off, so beggars can't be choosers. I ended up with a calendar of National Park WPA posters from the 1930s & 40s. They were actually very pretty and I think after the year is over, I may frame one for my home office area as the colors would work great in a couple of my rooms.

3:20 pm - On my way back home, passed the Hapeville First Baptist Church. Seems like I often have a church in my 12 of 12.
3:25 pm - and then finally making it home. I was so tired when I got home that I ended up taking a nap that lasted until after midnight. It was quite a nap.

So, there you have it - another exciting day in the life of Joni.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your house? OMGosh! I love it! We live in a 1960's house. It was built when homes still came standard with quality parts, but oh how I love the homes from just a few decades early. I'll bet it's beautiful inside, too!!
Great 12 of 12. I wanted to do it this month, but forgot all about it until I saw your post. Maybe next month : )
-|<@ren

Anonymous said...

Joni girl,
Love your blog and your 12 of 12 (wishing I'd heard about 12 of 12 before now!). Your Santa photos brought back so many memories of my own Christmases past. It's great to be back in touch with you!

Lizard said...

Joni:
Great shots. And I agree, Helen's are fantastic. I also went looking for a calendar over the weekend.
Again, Great photos.

JCB said...

Im totally jealous: chick fil a AND barnes and noble? do you live in heaven?

Dogeared said...

Aww Joni, you linked to me! And with a very nice compliment. But I'm not sure about the advantage of being in England. If you ever come over here to visit though, I'll totally meet you and we can take lots of photos - sound like a deal? :D

And while I'm thinking about it - how are you feeling at the moment? I hope you're feeling OK or even better [hug]

Yay for half days, bookshop trips, and finding a calendar with prints you can even frame afterwards - bonus! And I like your house, it looks sweet :D

[bighug]

Anonymous said...

This is crazy, but I am searching for that National Park WPA poster calendar. My husband had one last year and loved it, so I'm looking for one for his birthday. Our Barnes and Noble was out and not reordering. If your nearby B&N has another one, I'd be glad to pay the postage/shipping/gas costs if you could get me one! Your blog came up on the 4th page after I googled for the calendar. Serendipity of sorts, I suppose. I don't see a way to contact you, so I'll leave my email here briefly: kshiflet@bellsouth.net You can delete maybe before it is posted?
Thanks!