Thursday, August 28, 2008

Who knew???

....that I could fix a refrigerator all by myself?

I sure as hell didn't know.

But somehow, after spending an hour or two of cleaning up all the water in the floor from the melted ice and running all over my neighborhood storing my frozen food in various neighbor's freezers, I was able to sit down quietly, look over the situation, and figure out that two of the doohickeys with the wires coming out of them that plug into each other had ever so slightly jiggled themselves loose from each other. And, after tightening them just a bit - Presto - freezer starts freezing again.

It was also a wonderful opportunity to toss out everything in the freezer and fridge that were this close to expiring, and that I probably wasn't going to eat anyway.

Too bad the same thing can't happen to my closet, so I could be inspired to toss out those clothes that expired in 1996, or that I have no intention of wearing.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well done, JoJo! Impressive!! (And funny.)

The Ninjamunkey said...

yay for you! Oddly enough, we had that happen a week ago, and woke up to water everywhere, soggy ice cream, and me not happy. Apparently our fridge was out too, and the compressor decided it was tired and took a nap. Luckily it was a 200 dollar repair, not a 2000 new fridge.