Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thank God Its Over.....

at least for now.

The lead up to Super Tuesday has driven me nuts. I've been receiving an average of 5 calls a day (some recorded, some with real people) supporting various presidential candidates.

I was home sick following a medical procedure Friday before last, and I received 7 calls within 2 hours. Really! I know I can be prone exaggeration for comedic effect, but trust me, this quit being funny after then 3rd call.

My caller ID, which holds the last 30 calls, no longer holds the number of anyone I actually know. But I have 7 calls from Hillary Clinton (seriously - check out the caller ID!)


I hadn't bothered to even listen to my messages for the last few days, so tonight I decided to listen to them before I deleted. My two most favorites were from Hillary and a supporter of Huckabee.

On the Hillary one, she was giving her spiel via recording, telling me what her plans are in a nice, friendly tone, and then suddenly her voice changes, the tone turns sharp and she goes, "So GET OUT and vote." I swear, the GET OUT was so loud and harsh, it sounded like she was trying to expel an evil entity from an old home in Amityville. I almost dropped the phone and ran out to see if I could vote again.

The Huckabee one was a little frightening as well. The caller sounded so old, that I think she may have made calls for Warren G.Harding campaign back in 1920. I could only understand every other word, but I think she may have said something about being pro-life unless you were an illegal or gay, and then something about guns.

Thankfully, only one person never called, never woke me up, never interrupted my dinner. And he's receiving my vote.

President Colbert. That sounds nice.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hilarious.

I actually laughed out loud at: I think she may have said something about being pro-life unless you were an illegal or gay, and then something about guns.

A hoot!

:)