Friday, February 12, 2010

12 of 12 - February 2010

It's the 12th, so I'm back blogging for the 12 of 12. We had snow today, so Yay!! Something better than pictures of all the papers on my desk to share with you, which was what this would have ended up being without the snow.

8:21 a.m. - This year we are supposed to add a bonus picture to our 12 that is a recreation of a picture we took in a previous 12 of 12. This is my homage to one from March 2009. Last year, I was peeking out of my front door window cause I thought I heard someone scream. Today I did it because I wanted to see if it snowed during the night. No snow yet. :-(


8:25 a.m. - Even if it doesn't snow, it is still going to be cold as heck, so I broke out the thermal underwear. By the time I got finished with all the layers, I looked like the Michelin Tire Man and I was still cold anyway. Dang anemia.

8:49 a.m. - Still no snow, but it's a'coming.

8:50 a.m.- Looks like my best friend Traci, the kindergarten teacher, is off today. Maybe I should have gone into teaching too. Nah - I probably would have strangled a snarky teenager who thinks History is stupid by now.

9:07 a.m. - Cutting through the hangar on the way in, and realized that the Winter Olympics start tonight, so thought I'd get a shot of one of the models of the Spirit of Delta with the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games livery. We also had a special one painted for the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter games, but they didn't have it out on display.

12:37 p.m. - Heading out to lunch and took this one of the windows along the top of the old hangar. Really love that building.


2:07 p.m. - The flurries started about the time we got back from lunch and now 15 minutes later my skylight is almost covered.

3:15 p.m. - Since it was starting to get bad out on the roads, they told us we could leave early. My coworker Victor is ready to brave the cold in his furry little Cossack hat. It it even remotely looks like a costume, Victor is game for it. :-)

3:17 p.m. - The back parking lot. Trying not to slip and bust my butt. Just beyond that row of trees at the end of the lot is the runways of the Atlanta Airport. You can usually see the air traffic control tower and the terminals. Not today. Doesn't look like much will be taking off with that poor visibility.

3:30 p.m. - I get home and realize I left my purse at work, so back I go. Fortunately, it is not far. Here's my house as I head back out.

3:35 p.m. - Back at the DAL and it is really starting to come down heavy now.

3:56 p.m. - Back home again. This one is from my back porch.

3:57 p.m. - and a close up of the same snow covered tree. Loved how the falling snowflakes lit up under the flash.

Finishing up early so I can go get warm, make some hot chocolate and watch the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, even though it is in Canada, so you know they'll have Celine Dion screeching it up and chest pounding at some point in there. Guess that means I know when I can schedule my bathroom break.

See you next month.

14 comments:

Bruno Laliberté said...

hey joni!!
the undergarnments made me laugh. but i really like that hangar too.
and those pics on the street and your backyard. yes, snowflakes are lovely when lit up by the flash. it's like magic.
:)~
HUGZ

linoue said...

Hello Joni,
snow in Georgia??? Forgive my ignorance but I really did not know it could snow in GA. Is this a bit unusual? I always think of the southern part of the US to be beach weather 12 months a year.

Loved your photos, very much enjoyed your writting. Thank you for sharing your day.

corky said...

Very nice pictures....thanks for sharing your day.

Joni said...

Ticklebear - glad my underwear made you laugh. Sometimes it makes me laugh too.

Linoue - we usually only get snow every couple of years, but it snowed 3 times last year and this is our second snow of 2010. Still, it is nothing compared to what you probably get. We just don't have the snow removal equipment, so a couple of inches will close down our city for 2 days.

Bonnie said...

BEAUTIFUL!

And... I hope I can fly in! :)

And... SCREECHING CANADIAN HOWLER MONKEY!

Love you. XO

Pete Cullen said...

Wow Joni it all looks so picturesque in the snow. AND you get to enjoy it for the weekend as well. Stay warm!

beth said...

Great pics Joni! I love the snow ones!!! Snow is my favorite...until it gets gross (which happens way too quickly up here) and the corners end up with slush up to your knees. YUCK!

Thanks for sharing!!

BU said...

Insane that you got snow so far south, but I hear Texas is under a foot or something. At first glance, I thought the wreath on your door was snow that you'd poked a hole in!

Chris said...

The undergarments may be funny looking, but they WORK. They kept me alive in Korea last January!!

Nice snow pics -- I'm in the part of TX just under the line, so it's chilly, but sunny here. No snow.

Heard you guys got hit pretty hard (both the ATL and the DAL). Here's hoping it's back to normal soon!

Sunny Archibald said...

What beautiful snow pictures. I bet it felt really good when you were finally home for the day and could snuggle in. Your bathroom break had me rolling....no need to pause the DVR for that!

Lipp said...

Great snow-'12 Joni!
And I didn't know about the go back & recreate for bonus!! Even though I sort of did it.
I dig the hanger building too.

Lipp said...

Great snow-'12 Joni!
And I didn't know about the go back & recreate for bonus!! Even though I sort of did it.
I dig the hanger building too.

Dogeared said...

I liked the snowflakes lit up photo! And the carpark one, elegant in its simplicity!

And Victor with his hat, made me smile :D

Martini Dan said...

Very nice photos. I love how pretty the trees look when they have their white coasting. However, I like to see it through other peoples eyes not in person, so thanks for sharing!