Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Days 9, 10, 11 and 12

Let’s see now – where was I?

Oh yes, being grateful.

That is, until I got too busy at the big D, had to work 14 days straight (the last couple of those being 10 and 12 hour days). So now, let me see if I can catch up on my gratefulness.

Day 9 - 03 May

I am grateful for the upcoming raises my company announced this past week.

Trust me, after working as much as I have in the last little bit (and as something that repeats every 3-4 months) I am not paid nearly enough.

Day 10 - 04 May

I am grateful that I survived.

Day 11 - 05 May

I am grateful that I got to sleep undisturbed until noon on my first day off in way too long.

Day 12 - 06 May, 11:05 p.m.

I am grateful that my true friends and most loved family members do not give me grief when I disappear from their lives for weeks at a time when work gets crazy.

They understand that I love them, care about them and send good vibes to them even when they haven’t asked (or maybe they have asked, but I just haven’t gotten around to reading all of their emails or catching up with their blogs to know that they have) and that I would much rather have spent the last three weeks enjoying their company, rather than spending all of my time at work.

No comments: